We all lost

We all lose every election

Mark Luedtke

Statistic after statistic reveals what we already know: the American people are worse off now than when Barack Obama was first elected. We were worse off in 2008 than when George W. Bush was elected. The same is true for the Clintons and Bush, the elder. It’s easy to see in 20/20 hindsight the country was worse off at the end of each recent presidency than it was at the beginning. Party doesn’t matter.

If you’re shortsighted, it’s tricky to see. Because of the timing of booms and busts created by the Federal Reserve, most consider the middle of the Clinton and Bush administrations good economic times. But those economies were an illusion. The 2000 dot.com bust and the 2008 financial crisis exposed the charade. During both administrations, Americans became poorer, the country declined, and we became less safe.

We’ve declined further during the Obama Administration. Except for Obama’s ultra-rich cronies on Wall Street and in Silicon Valley and Hollywood, the boom never materialized as in times past, and the impending bust will dwarf previous ones.

And regardless of who won this year, the decline will continue.

For losers, it’s easy to point fingers at the winner, but the winner isn’t responsible for the decline. Please look deeper this time. The system—those millions of people at the federal, state, and local level, working in the greatest criminal conspiracy ever devised—is the problem.

If your candidate won this election, please take note of how bad things are now; and four years from now, note how much worse they are.

I encourage everybody to shake off the brainwashing we all received in government schools that is reinforced every day from government’s accomplice, the press, and do something different. The first thing to do is pierce the veil and realize what coercive government—the state—is not. In “Anatomy of the State,” Murray Rothbard wrote, “We must, therefore, emphasize that ‘we’ are not the government; the government is not ‘us.’ The government does not in any accurate sense ‘represent’ the majority of the people. But, even if it did, even if 70 percent of the people decided to murder the remaining 30 percent, this would still be murder and would not be voluntary suicide on the part of the slaughtered minority. No metaphor, no irrelevant bromide that ‘we are all part of one another,’ must be permitted to obscure this basic fact.”

In the same way, when 70 percent of people decide to use the state to steal the money of the remaining 30 percent through taxes, that is still theft. Once you realize all taxes are theft, the true nature of government becomes apparent.

Rothbard also tells us what the state is. “…the State is that organization in society which attempts to maintain a monopoly of the use of force and violence in a given territorial area; in particular, it is the only organization in society that obtains its revenue not by voluntary contribution or payment for services rendered but by coercion,” he explained. “While other individuals or institutions obtain their income by production of goods and services and by the peaceful and voluntary sale of these goods and services to others, the State obtains its revenue by the use of compulsion; that is, by the use and the threat of the jailhouse and the bayonet.”

Because of its coercive nature, government as we know it cannot be a protector, a charity, or a producer of services. It pretends to be those things to justify its robbery and maintain the illusion of legitimacy. If that illusion ever shattered, the people would rise up en mass and end the theft. Thus, rulers use every power available to them to keep the illusion of legitimacy intact. As Rothbard asserted, that is why, regardless of which party is in power, the government wages wars and spies on the people while terrorists run amok.

“What the State fears above all, of course, is any fundamental threat to its own power and its own existence. The death of a State can come about in two major ways: (a) through conquest by another State, or (b) through revolutionary overthrow by its own subjects—in short, by war or revolution,” Rothbard penned. “War and revolution, as the two basic threats, invariably arouse in the State rulers their maximum efforts and maximum propaganda among the people.”

To win, we must reject the system, not elect a different figurehead.

The views and opinions expressed in Conspiracy Theorist are the views and/or opinions of the author and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of the Dayton City Paper or Dayton City Media and are published strictly for entertainment purposes.

Tags: ,

Reach DCP freelance writer Mark Luedtke at MarkLuedtke@DaytonCityPaper.com.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Got an Opinion?


We are interested to hear what you think.  Please send us a message. [contact-form 4 “Opinion”]  

Ready, Set, LEGO!


Be prepared for LEGO dazzle and delight when the BrickUniverse Convention for LEGO Fans visits the Dayton Convention Center August […]

We all live in a ‘Yellow Submarine’


Coinciding with the 50th anniversary and theatrical re-release of Yellow Submarine, animator Ron Campbell is bringing his Rock Art Show […]

Four headliners and more this week at Downtown’s Levitt

web_0816_Delhi 2 Dublin Photo 2017

Delhi 2 Dublin, Kyle Dillingham, Sol Driven Train, Lao Tizer Band Delhi 2 Dublin (l-r): Serena Eades, Sanjay Seran, Ravi […]

The Oregon’s Seafood Stalwart


Carving out history Jay’s Seafood Restaurant is a longtime pillar of the Oregon District dining scene. It’s steeped in lore […]

Destination Yellow Springs


Yellow Springs artist exhibited (times two) Yellow Springs painter Christine Klinger is showing her work at the Emporium/Underdog Café through […]